The first pictures I took with a 90mm refractor telescope - Jupiter, Saturn and Moon

And now I'm starting to talk about astronomy here in my blog, I put here some pictures I took with my first good telescope. These were the first photos I could take with him.

The technique was more than simple. I approached the camera, a Polaroid 1.3 megapixel camera, to the lens and tried to photograph the image that appeared in the eyepiece. See the results:
Jupiter - The two main bands are visible. This image was very close to what I could see with my own eyes while looking at the Refrafor 90mm, with the difference that the four largest moons of the planet would be visible to my eyes, even their shadows on the planet.

Saturn's rings were clearly visible in this photograph, but no sign of the Cassini division, which was clearly visible when I was looking through the telescope with your own eyes

The Moon seen through a 25mm eyepiece

Here a view of a region of the moon at the time of the photo where the illuminated portion was mixed with the part about the shadows. It is usually where you can obtain the best images of lunar craters.

Here a nice detail that shows the Apennines mounts, with the large crater Copernicus left.
 
Here we can see the spectacular crater Tycho (right). Note that you can see that the impact of the meteor material spread across hundreds of miles.
These pictures were taken with a telescope like the photo below, an achromatic refractor of 90mm of aperture and 910mm of focal length, fixed at an alt-azimuth mount.

With a 90mm achromatic refractor you can take better photos than those shown, for this you will need a different mount (tripod), a most appropriate camera and, of course, more practice. But I got very happy with the initial result.

A big hug

1 comment:

  1. I have the same telescope, great pictures!

    ReplyDelete