Humble Pictures of the Night Sky in Brasilia

I follow taking the first steps in astrophotography, particularly with regard to deep sky objects. The first thing I need is to buy the equipment really suitable, what I'm not have yet. I Should buy some good equipment from the next month, but until then I'll play with what I have. Yesterday I used a pocket camera, a Sony DSC-W120, and hence home amid the lights of Brasilia tried to take some pictures of the sky. See how they got:

Canis major Constellation

South Crux
The camera used is unfortunately a camera that does all configurations for the photographer, which is not ideal for astrophotography. The right camera is one with many manual features. It's funny how in photography terms like "Automatic" and "Digital" (for digital zoom) are things that not always are good and often is better hear something like "Manual" or "optic".

In this carnival I hope to take some pictures and try to show some new developments in astrophotography, particularly planets.

A big hug!

No comments:

Post a Comment